first_imgThe Rage were able to score one goal on the powerplay by Jason Wark at the 17:02 mark to bring the Rage within one.  Then with 40 seconds left in the first, Bismarck scored again to end the period at 3-1 Bobcats.In the second, the Rage bounced back with two goals from Stephen Saretsky, one at the 8:58 mark and the other at 10:20 to tie the game at 3 all.  The rest of the game was scoreless and the two teams went to overtime.Unfortunately for the Rage, only 48 seconds into overtime Francis DeAugustine from the Bobcats scored making the final score 4-3 Bismarck.- Advertisement -The Rage will play Bismarck again tonight before returning home for two games next weekend against Kenai River.last_img read more

first_img12 August 2011 As South Africa gears up to start rolling out its National Health Insurance, the government is going all out to ensure that the country’s public hospitals and clinics comply with the exacting standards of the new health care system. The National Health Insurance (NHI) is due to start rolling in April 2012 as a pilot for the first five years. Health Minister Aaron Motsoaledi, briefing journalists in Pretoria on Thursday, said the NHI was seen as a 14-year project, with the first five years involving building and preparation. The Cabinet has approved the NHI Green Paper, which was released on Friday for public comment. “The cornerstone of the proposed system of NHI is universal coverage,” Motsoaledi said. “It is a financing system that will ensure the provision of essential healthcare to all citizens of South Africa, regardless of their employment status and ability to make a direct monetary contribution to the NHI fund.” Motsoaledi said the NHI was important for the total restructuring and overhauling of South Africa’s health system. For the NHI to function and become affordable for everyone, drastic changes were needed. Department of Health was currently conducting an audit of all 4 200 public health facilities in the country, with 800 facilities having been audited by July. The audit was expected to be completed by May 2012. In order to qualify for NHI, facilities will have to meet exacting standards on availability of medicine, cleanliness, patient safety, infection control, attitudes of staff, and patient waiting times. Motsoaledi said that if all the toilets in a facility were found to be clean except for one, that facility would fail the test, as cleanliness was one of the vital areas for compliance. According to the preliminary results, some facilities were doing well, even though they had not yet reached 100 percent compliance. Audited facilities so far include the Free State University Hospital, which achieved 93 percent for availability of medicines and 71 percent for cleanliness. Dr George Mukhari Hospital in Pretoria scored 54 percent for cleanliness, 76 percent for availability of medicines, and 89 percent for patient waiting times. Motsoaledi said that teams would be sent to each facility to help it reach full compliance. He said the first five years of NHI would include pilot studies and strengthening of the health system in areas including management, quality improvement, infrastructure development, equipment, human resources and information management. He said the NHI would not mean the end of private medical schemes or private health care providers. Rather, the government would work in cooperation with them, for example in cases where hospitals were too far from people. If there was a private doctor operating in the area, the department would sign a contract with the practitioner to administer NHI so that primary health care could be provided to those in need. Source: BuaNewslast_img read more

first_imgHe loves it. He loves it not. Indian cricket remains mysterious. First, he swears during the match fixing drama that he will have nothing to do with cricket.Then he appears on assorted golf courses, leaving no one in doubt as to what his sport of choice is. He aims, he,He loves it. He loves it not. Indian cricket remains mysterious. First, he swears during the match fixing drama that he will have nothing to do with cricket.Then he appears on assorted golf courses, leaving no one in doubt as to what his sport of choice is. He aims, he claims, to represent India in golf too, and become a double international.FLIP FLOP: Kapil Dev on cricketJust when it was safe to start reading the sports pages again, Dev lashes out at the “attitude” and “commitment” of players like Sourav Ganguly and Sachin Tendulkar, “I get the impression that they are not part of a team unit.” Strange because that should mean he did an awful job as India coach himself from 1999-2000.Surely fostering fellow-feeling should have been a piece of cake for the all-time great team man and World Cup winning captain. Or does all this have to do more with the fact that the current Indian team, having had its fill of Dev, is not afraid to say so?First the seniors put in a request to the BCCI for a professional coach from overseas. Now, the birdies say, they have asked BCCI chief Jagmohan Dalmiya to diplomatically undo his appointment of Dev as the team’s fast bowling coach for the 2003 World Cup.Hell hath no fury than a superstar scorned perhaps?last_img read more

first_imgDefense officials will start to form a task force to study the business case for consolidating the military’s three exchange services and the Defense Commissary Agency, after Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan this week approved a memo laying out the next steps for a possible merger of military resale activities. Shanahan said he agrees “a single consolidated organization offers the greatest potential to achieve the economies and efficiencies” that are necessary to ensure commissary and exchange benefits survive, according to the memo.The task force is scheduled to complete its analysis by Oct. 31, at which point it would begin planning for consolidation, reports Military Times. If the DOD chief management officer approves the business case, the team would complete integration planning by Jan. 31, 2019, and the consolidation would begin under existing authorities. Lawmakers would be afforded input into the decision, however, under an amendment to the House version of the fiscal 2019 defense authorization bill.Photo by Michelle Bir Dan Cohen AUTHORlast_img read more

first_img 0 Now playing: Watch this: Stronger data privacy laws may be coming to the US Post a comment 1:41 Tags In conjunction with the settlement, TikTok said that starting Wednesday it’ll direct younger users to “a limited, separate app experience that introduces additional safety and privacy protections designed specifically for this audience.” The version for younger users doesn’t allow sharing of personal information and puts “extensive” limitations on content and interactions, TikTok said. TikTok also launched a series of safety videos Wednesday aimed at guiding users through the app’s community guidelines, privacy settings and digital well-being tools. As part of the settlement, the app must also comply with COPPA going forward and take down videos made by kids under the age of 13.  TikTok has reportedly surpassed 1 billion downloads on iOS and Android. Joel Saget / AFP/Getty Images Social video app TikTok will pay $5.7 million dollars to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that it illegally collected personal information from children. TikTok, previously known as Musical.ly, lets users record themselves lip-synching to popular music videos and share the clips with friends. The app has reportedly surpassed 1 billion downloads on iOS and Android. The FTC had alleged that the app’s operators violated the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act by failing to obtain parental consent before collecting personal info on kids under the age of 13, according to a release Wednesday. TikTok also failed to delete that personal information when they received complaints from parents and their children, according to the FTC.”This record penalty should be a reminder to all online services and websites that target children: We take enforcement of COPPA very seriously, and we will not tolerate companies that flagrantly ignore the law,” said FTC Chairman Joe Simons in the release, which noted that this is the larges- ever civil penalty obtained by the commission in a children’s privacy case. Privacy FTC Mobile Digital Media Share your voicelast_img read more

first_imgIBTimes poll survey resultsMany viewers have voted for Baba Bashkar and Tamanna Simhadri in the elimination round from the house of Bigg Boss Telugu 3, in the third week in the poll conducted by International Business Times, India.Instead of the secret room, Big boss held the nominations for elimination openly in the living area. He asked everyone to put the nomination seal on the faces of the two housemates who they want to send out of the house. After everyone it, he announced that five contestants like Tamanna, Punarnavi, Vithika, Bashkar and Rahul were nominated for elimination from the house of Bigg Boss Telugu 3 in the third week.The audience were given the option to vote through phone calls and Hotstar App to save their favourite inmates. The voting process ended at Friday midnight and Nagarjuna is set to show the doors to one of these five contestants on Saturday or Sunday night. The viewers are eagerly waiting to see who will walk out of the house.IBTimes India conducted a survey to predict the contestants, who the audience wants to eliminate from Bigg Boss Telugu 3 in the third week. Our poll has got a huge response with thousands of casting their votes in it. Here are the results of our survey.In IBTimes India’s poll, Vithika Sheru, Punarnavi Bhupalam and Rahul Sipligunj have received 11.73, 10.75 and 7.53 per cent of the total votes and they are third, fourth and fifth options for elimination, respectively. Baba Bashkar is the first choice for eviction with 37.04 percent of our readers opting for him to out of the show. Tamanna Simhadri has got 32.95 percent votes and she is the second choice for the elimination.Among the top two choices, Baba Bashkar is very friendly and cordial to other housemates. He has always maintained distance from fights and arguments and tried his best to entertain the viewers. On the other hand, Tamanna Simhadri has also been entertaining, but at times, she was irritating with her overacting and fights with Ravi and a few others. It should be seen who among them would be shown the doors by Nagarjuna.last_img read more

first_imgZakir NaikReutersMalaysia’s cabinet discussed the permanent residency of Indian Islamic preacher Zakir Naik on Wednesday, with three ministers demanding his expulsion for allegedly making racially sensitive remarks in the multi-ethnic nation.Naik, who has lived in Malaysia for about three years and faces charges of money laundering and hate speech in India, has come under fire for his recent comments that Hindus in the Southeast Asian country had “100 times more rights” than the Muslim minority in India.Race and religion are sensitive issues in Malaysia, where Muslims make up about 60 percent of its 32 million people. The rest are mostly ethnic Chinese and Indians, most of whom are Hindus.The Malaysian ministers said Naik’s comments may have been aimed at driving a wedge between Muslims and non-Muslims in Malaysia, an allegation that Naik denied.”We have expressed our position, which is that action must be taken and that Zakir Naik should no longer be allowed to remain in Malaysia,” Gobind Singh Deo, minister of communications and multimedia, said in a statement.”The prime minister has taken note of our concerns. We leave it to him to consider the position and to decide soonest possible what will be done to deal with the problem,” he added.M Kulasegaran, minister of human resources, and Xavier Jayakumar, the minister of water, land and natural resources, also released statements urging Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad to expel Naik.Naik, who has repeatedly rejected the charges against him in India, said his detractors were quoting him out of context to malign him.”My praise of the Malaysian government for its Islamic and fair treatment of Hindu minorities is being twisted and misquoted to suit political gains and create communal rifts,” he said in a statement on Wednesday.Malaysian state news agency Bernama quoted Mahathir as saying late on Tuesday that Naik cannot be sent back to India due to fears for his safety.”If any (other) country wants to have him, they are welcome,” Mahathir said.India banned Naik’s Islamic Research Foundation in late 2016, accusing him of encouraging and aiding its followers to “promote or attempt to promote feelings of enmity, hatred or ill-will between different religious communities and groups”.last_img read more

first_imgProthom Alo IllustrationA man was killed in a reported gunfight with the members of Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) in Bhaturia of Harinakundu upazila in Jhenaidah district on Tuesday night.The deceased Amirul Islam Pocha, 43, was a member of an inter-district robber gang, claims the law enforcement agency, reports UNB.While passing through a check-post set up in the area, a gang of robbers opened fire to the RAB men forcing them to fire back in self-defence, RAB-6 assistant superintendent Golam Morshed said.Later, the RAB members recovered the bullet-hit body of Pocha and sent it to Harinakundu Upazila Health Complex, he said.The law enforcement members recovered one shutter gun, two bullets and a sharp weapon from the spot, Golam Morshed said.The deceased was wanted in 13 cases including that of murder and robbery, said the RAB official.last_img read more