first_imgBannon suggested in a video posted on November 5 that FBI Director Christopher Wray and government infectious diseases expert Anthony Fauci should be beheaded, saying they had been disloyal to US President Donald Trump, who last week lost his re-election bid to Biden.“I’d put the heads on pikes. Right. I’d put them at the two corners of the White House as a warning to federal bureaucrats. You either get with the program or you are gone,” Bannon said in the video.Facebook removed the video but left up Bannon’s page, which has about 1,75,000 followers. Twitter banned Bannon last week over the same content.- Advertisement – – Advertisement – Facebook Chief Executive Mark Zuckerberg told an all-staff meeting on Thursday that former Trump White House adviser Steve Bannon had not violated enough of the company’s policies to justify his suspension when he urged beheading two senior US officials, according to a recording heard by Reuters.Zuckerberg acknowledged criticism of Facebook by President-elect Joe Biden but said the company shared some of the Biden team’s same concerns about social media. He urged employees not to jump to conclusions about how the new administration might approach regulation of social media companies.- Advertisement – Avaaz said seven of the largest pages had amassed nearly 2.5 million followers. Stone said Facebook had removed “several clusters of activity for using inauthentic behaviour tactics to artificially boost how many people saw their content.”Bannon could not immediately be reached for comment.Zuckerberg spoke on the issue at a weekly forum with Facebook employees where he is sometimes asked to defend content and policy decisions. A staff member had asked why Bannon had not been banned.Another employee asked how Facebook was handling criticism of Facebook by Biden and members of his team. Biden told the New York Times in December last year that he had “never been a fan of Facebook” and considered Zuckerberg “a real problem.”The incoming administration was “not monolithic,” Zuckerberg said. “Just because some people might talk in a way that’s more antagonistic to us, it doesn’t necessarily mean that speaks for what the whole group or whole administration is going to stand for.”Arrested in August, Bannon has pleaded not guilty to charges of defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors to the $25 million (roughly Rs. 200 crores) “We Build the Wall” campaign. Bannon has dismissed the charges as politically motivated.As Trump’s chief White House strategist, Bannon helped articulate Trump’s “America First” policy. Trump fired him in August 2017, ending Bannon’s turbulent tenure.© Thomson Reuters 2020Which is the best TV under Rs. 25,000? We discussed this on Orbital, our weekly technology podcast, which you can subscribe to via Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or just hit the play button below. “We have specific rules around how many times you need to violate certain policies before we will deactivate your account completely,” Zuckerberg said. “While the offenses here, I think, came close to crossing that line, they clearly did not cross the line.”Facebook spokesman Andy Stone said the company would take further action against Bannon’s page “if there are additional violations.”Last Friday, Facebook took down a network of other Bannon-linked pages that were pushing false claims about the presidential election, after they were flagged to the world’s biggest social media company by activist group Avaaz.- Advertisement –last_img read more

first_img The Brazilian has had his place in the side come under threat since the Frenchman’s arrival last summer, but he’s desperate to show his worth to Zinedine Zidane. “Marcelo is looking to make his own comeback,” Brazilian journalist Tatiana Mantovani, who covers Real Madrid for Esporte Interativo de Brasil, told Radio MARCA.Advertisement “He’s trying to show Zidane that he’s still the same player, and with Zidane we can see what a great player he is. read also:Liverpool set £52m transfer ultimatum for Marcelo “He doesn’t want to leave Madrid, he’s thinking about how to stay for longer. “He’ll play for Real Madrid for as long as he can.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Marcelo is determined to stay with Real Madrid next season. Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”Playing Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Behind-The-Scenes Selfies From 10 Popular MoviesPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Animelast_img read more

first_imgRelatedPosts Mike Tyson comeback fight postponed Mike Tyson beats up seven prostitutes Mike Tyson to face Roy Jones Jr Evander Holyfield has uploaded yet another training compilation as he bids to return to the ring in a potential fight with Mike Tyson, this time showing himself sparring against Wladimir Klitschko.The 57-year-old former heavyweight world champion has announced he is looking to take part in exhibition bouts for charity and is in talks to fight old rival Tyson, who is making his own comeback. Holyfield looked in phenomenal shape as he shared footage of his training regime this week, with Klitschko popping up part way through the video holding a clipboard.Quite how big a role the Ukrainian is playing in Holyfield’s comeback is still unknown, but in a new montage uploaded on Friday he was seen sparring against the veteran American.Klitschko, who last fought against Anthony Joshua at Wembley Stadium in 2017, was in the United States for work when the coronavirus crisis hit and has been unable to return to Europe.He has been living in south Florida for the past few months and seems to have ignored social distancing rules to link up with Holyfield at Miami gym Elev8tion Fitness.“I’m feeling stronger and stronger as each day passes,” Holyfield wrote on Instagram alongside the latest video. “I’m looking forward to stepping back into the ring this year.”Klitschko responded with his own message accompanying a shot of the former champs clenching fists, saying: “You wanna know what’s the “Real Deal? Will power! Physical power and brain power are equal in importance. Age is just a number!”In the video, D.r Steelhammer watched Holyfield skip while wearing a weighted vest and gives him some words of encouragement as he does lunges with an enormous chain hanging over his shoulders.Klitschko also spars with Holyfield at the very end of the video, though there was a whole lot of distance between the punches being thrown adding further weight to suggestions that the training clips have been tweaked to flatter the veteran American.— Tags: Evander Holyfieldmike tysonWladimir Klitschkolast_img read more

first_imgGernot Rohr The team, however, gave a good account of themselves with Joe Aribo – making his second appearance for the Super Eagles – scoring the opening goal in the 35th minute before Casemiro’s second-half effort saved the South American champions from defeat.The draw is the second in a row for the Brazilians after they were held by Senegal in Thursday’s friendly outing.Rohr is impressed with the performance of his side but admitted the three-time African champions still have to improve.“It was tough for us as the second game because Brazil would not have wanted to leave Singapore without winning, and it feels very good to know that we can play so well against some of the biggest names in football,” Rohr said in a post-match press conference.“We didn’t have our best team here, but our wingers gave Brazil a lot of problems on the counter-attack and I am proud of our players. They can have a good future.“We can still improve in defending set-pieces. We have height, with players as tall as two metres, but we have to be better in the air.“It is not enough just to have good size, they need to jump well with good timing.”Rohr believes African football is improving after both Nigeria and Senegal avoided defeat against the world number three.“These results are good for African football when Senegal and Nigeria did not lose to Brazil, one of the strongest teams in the world,” he added.Eagles will hope to secure good results when they take on Benin Republic and Lesotho in Africa Cup of Nations qualifying games in November.In the match, it was a strong and competent performance by the Super Eagles who earned the 1-1 draw against the five-time world champions.Both teams had started with good pace, passion and intensity at the Singapore National Stadium in Kallang.Brazil’s France-based forward Neymar was forced to quit the game after only 12 minutes, due to injury, but seven minutes later Marquinhos could have put Nigeria in front with a bizarre own goal after his attempt to clear Chukwueze’s pull-out went wrong.Villarreal FC of Spain’s Chukwueze, a former Nigeria U17 World Cup winner, was a thorn in the flesh of the Selecao throughout, and created chances for Nigeria in the 20th and 24th minute but Osimhen was cut out by an alert Brazilian rear.In the 35th minute, Nigeria broke through again, this time mining gold. Joseph Ayodele-Aribo, who scored on his debut in the friendly against Ukraine in Dnipro last month, kept his cool and showed cleverness in taking a pass from Moses Simon and ghosting past Casemiro and Thiago Silva to shoot past Ederson for the opener.The goal expectedly stung the Selecao into greater intensity and desperation, but they could have conceded again two minutes later only for Wilfred Ndidi to shoot directly at Ederson from a counter attack. In the 40th minute, stand –in captain William Ekong, who had a great game alongside central defence partner Semi Ajayi, cleared as Jesus lobbed into the Nigerian box, and four minutes later, a free kick by Coutinho whistled past Uzoho’s post though he had it well covered for the equaliser.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram *Says it is sign that African football evolvingSuper Eagles Technical Adviser, Gernot Rohr, believes the Super Eagles have ‘good future’ after they played out a 1-1 draw against Brazil in Sunday’s international friendly in Singapore.The 66-year-old German tactician paraded a young team against the five-time world champions, following a spate of withdrawals by some of his experienced players, including captain Ahmed Musa.last_img read more

first_img Marc Etches to step down as CEO of GambleAware in 2021 August 14, 2020 Submit YGAM focuses on BAME community engagement with CVR link-up August 21, 2020 GambleAware: Engage those with lived experience of gambling harms August 28, 2020 Share Related Articles Share StumbleUpon GambleAware has confirmed the appointment of former England goalkeeper David James as its new ‘Safer Gambling Ambassador’, who will support the UK charity’s ongoing ‘Bet Regret’ campaigns.David James’ appointment sees GambleAware strengthen its existing partnership with the Football Supporters’ Association (FSA), a body which campaigns on a range of issues for the interest of football fans across England and Wales.This football season, GambleAware and the FSA collaborate on raising awareness of problem-gambling behaviours, launching a series of educational campaigns targeting UK football fans.As Safer Gambling Ambassador, David James fronts GambleAware’s new ‘International Break’ series, encouraging fans to ‘beat the boredom’ of impulsive betting.Targeting a key demographic, GambleAware points to a survey conducted by the FSA earlier this season revealed that only 10% of football fans felt their club was doing enough to encourage safer gambling.David James commented on initiatives: “Supporting Safer Gambling within football is something that is important to me.  There is so much exposure to betting and it is increasingly easy to bet impulsively, so I want to encourage football fans to think twice about how they are betting. Helping fans beat the break this October is only the start and I’m looking forward to working with GambleAware and the Football Supporters’ Association this season to raise awareness of Bet Regret.”last_img read more