first_img The Brazilian has had his place in the side come under threat since the Frenchman’s arrival last summer, but he’s desperate to show his worth to Zinedine Zidane. “Marcelo is looking to make his own comeback,” Brazilian journalist Tatiana Mantovani, who covers Real Madrid for Esporte Interativo de Brasil, told Radio MARCA.Advertisement “He’s trying to show Zidane that he’s still the same player, and with Zidane we can see what a great player he is. read also:Liverpool set £52m transfer ultimatum for Marcelo “He doesn’t want to leave Madrid, he’s thinking about how to stay for longer. “He’ll play for Real Madrid for as long as he can.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Marcelo is determined to stay with Real Madrid next season. Promoted ContentThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read MoreA Hurricane Can Be As Powerful As 10 Atomic Bombs20 Facts That’ll Change Your Perception Of “The Big Bang Theory”Playing Games For Hours Can Do This To Your Body7 Universities In The World Where Education Costs Too MuchThe 10 Best Secondary Education Systems In The WorldBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever MadeWho Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?Behind-The-Scenes Selfies From 10 Popular MoviesPortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D Graffiti6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneYou’ve Only Seen Such Colorful Hairdos In A Handful Of Animelast_img read more

first_imgThere was probably plenty of angst, and likely some tears, in the Raptors’ headquarters following the stunning news that both Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green are leaving the team.The NBA Finals MVP Leonard is bound for the Clippers, Green is headed for the Lakers, and the Raptors will be trying to fill two key holes on their roster for next season. Lakers free agency rumors: L.A. fills out roster with DeMarcus Cousins, 6 others after missing out on Kawhi Leonard But Raptors president Masai Ujiri issued a gracious statement Saturday thanking the two players for their contributions.”We are very thankful for the year Kawhi and Danny played with us here in Toronto, and I know the city and the entire country of Canada are grateful for everything they did to help us win our first NBA Championship,” the statement read. “On behalf of the Raptors, I say a very heartfelt thank you to Kawhi and to Danny, and we send them and their families nothing but good wishes. As an organization, the Raptors will focus on the future and continue our pursuit of a second championship.” Related News Kawhi Leonard to Clippers: What the star’s departure means for Raptorscenter_img Leonard shook up the league with his decision to sign with the Clippers in free agency just a few weeks after leading the Raptors to its first NBA title in franchise history.Green’s announcement came just moments in a video he released on social media.”I had a fun time in the city of Toronto, love the organization,” he said, in part. “Thank you guys. Thank you to my teammates. Thank you to the fans. Always have a great place in my heart. Never forget obviously the historic run we had.” Many Raptors fans are upset that Leonard, and to a lesser degree, Green, are leaving, but they did bring the Raptors their first title.It will be interesting to see the greeting Leonard receives in his first game back in Toronto.last_img read more

first_imgAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Liverpool striker Brewster hauled off U23 pitch after just 15 minsby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool striker Rhian Brewster was hauled off the U23 pitch yesterday after just 15 minutes.The Mirror says Brewster was substituted after just 15 minutes of Liverpool under 23s clash with Derby in response to Divock Origi’s injury.Belgium international Origi was forced out of the first team’s lunchtime victory over Newcastle with an ankle issue.While Origi limped off in the 37th minute at Anfield, Neil Critchley had already named Brewster in his starting XI for the youth side on the other side of Liverpool for the 3pm kick off.A message was sent to Melwood soon after to take Brewster off as a precaution ahead of the Reds’ Champions League opener with Napoli on Tuesday.Origi will undergo a scan in the next few days, but while Jurgen Klopp waits for the results he is ready to promoted 19-year-old Brewster to the travelling squad to Italy. last_img read more

first_imgPhil ​Foden happy to remain patient at Man Cityby Freddie Taylor23 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City youngster Phil Foden says he is remaining patient at the club.The young Englishman has struggled to get a start for the club in the Premier League this season.But he was impressive as he came off the bench in their 2-0 Champions League win against Dinamo Zagreb on Tuesday night.And he hopes that his performance will lead to more opportunities in the coming weeks.”You have to show the manager what you can do each day in training, every young kid wants to play but you have to keep patient,” Foden told BT Sport. “You have to show the manager what you can do each day in training, every young kid wants to play but you have to keep patient.” TagsTransfersAbout the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Man City boss Guardiola: Foden won’t leave – not even for €500Mby Paul Vegas15 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City boss Pep Guardiola has made it clear that Phil Foden will not be sold.Guardiola says the midfielder will not be allowed to leave.”We did not accidentally sign a new contract with Foden,” he said. “He’s the only player who will not be sold under any circumstances – the only one. Not even for 500 million euros.”Phil is City. We will not sign anyone else for his position.” last_img read more

first_imgCoach Cal whispering something into Tyler Ulis' ear.LAWRENCE, KS – JANUARY 30: Head coach John Calipari of the Kentucky Wildcats talks with Tyler Ulis #3 during the final minutes of overtime in the game against the Kansas Jayhawks at Allen Fieldhouse on January 30, 2016 in Lawrence, Kansas. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)Kentucky had little difficulty getting past Tennessee Tuesday night. After a close first half, the Wildcats (26-0, 13-0 SEC) blew by the Volunteers (14-11, 6-7 SEC) in the final 20 minutes, winning, 66-48. The blowout victory did not come without some physicality, though. Kentucky freshman guard Tyler Ulis appeared to take a hard shot to the face from a Tennessee guard in the first half. Check out this play: Did anyone see this except @BraxtonDsnyder? pic.twitter.com/BdzD94RdK0— Aaron’s Right Shoe (@AaronsRightShoe) February 18, 2015Was it a punch? A shove? Just incidental contact? It’s tough to tell. Whatever it was, it’s something you usually see a foul called for, and there was no whistle blown last night. [KSR]last_img read more

first_imgIndex and currency in this story: (TSX:GSPTSE, TSX:CADUSD)The Canadian Press TORONTO — Canada’s main stock index was up moderately Friday morning, with energy and cannabis companies providing some of the lift.The S&P/TSX composite index was up 45.37 points at 14,956.14, after declining nearly 246 points on Thursday to the lowest close in five weeks.In New York, the Dow Jones industrial average was down 310.22 points at 24,637.45. The S&P 500 index was down 27.72 points at 2,668.23, while the Nasdaq composite was down 102.84 points at 7,085.42.The Canadian dollar traded at 75.23 cents US compared with an average of 74.60 cents US on Thursday.The January crude contract was up $2.54 at US$54.03 per barrel and the January natural gas contract was up 12.7 cents at US$4.45 per mmBTU.The February gold contract was up $7.30 at US$1,250.90 and the March copper contract was up one cent at $2.75 a pound.last_img read more

first_imgWATERTOWN, N.Y. — A survey of businesses in the Thousands Island region along the U.S.-Canada border say this past summer was a strong one for tourism.WWNY-TV in Watertown reports that the Thousand Islands International Tourism Council conducted the survey, and more than 150 businesses in the U.S. and Canada responded with positive feedback.Most reported that that business was booming throughout the summer season, with good weather, the ease of crossing the border and lower water levels along the St. Lawrence River were mentioned as factors.Heavy rains in the spring of 2017 raised water levels on Lake Ontario and the river, hurting many waterside businesses that rely on tourist traffic.More than half of the businesses that responded to the survey say they expect tourism will slightly increase over the next five years.The Associated Presslast_img read more

first_imgKenney acknowledges that some Calgary-based companies that develop B.C. natural gas would not be happy with a toll, but he says the job of an Alberta premier is to defend the province’s economic future.Alberta Premier Rachel Notley banned B.C. wines in response to its proposal to limit diluted bitumen shipments, but she lifted the ban after Premier John Horgan said he would ask the courts to decide whether it can bring in the restrictions.Kenney also clarified his stance on supervised drug consumption sites, saying the Supreme Court of Canada has ruled that governments are obligated to license such facilities.(THE CANADIAN PRESS) VANCOUVER, B.C. – Alberta’s Opposition leader says if he becomes premier there will be “serious consequences” for British Columbia if it blocks the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion.Jason Kenney says he would be prepared to stop permits for the shipment of Alberta oil through the Trans Mountain pipeline, and place a toll on shipments of natural gas from B.C. through Alberta.The United Conservative Party leader made the comments to reporters in Vancouver today during a trip to B.C. to speak about the need for “environmentally responsible resource development.”last_img read more

first_imgNew Delhi: Continuing crackdown on terror financers, security agencies have identified 13 people, including Hizbul Mujahideen founder Syed Salahuddin, Hurriyat leaders and businessmen, who are allegedly providing funds to terrorists and stone pelters at the behest of Pakistan spy agency ISI, officials said Sunday. The Centre has started seizing properties belonging to terror financiers in a big way. Thirteen individuals and their properties have been identified by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) and action has been initiated, they said. Also Read – India gets first tranche of Swiss bank a/c details “Individuals identified during these investigations have been found providing money to all major terrorist groups like LeT and Hizbul Mujahideen as also Hurriyat leaders, separatists and stone-pelters in Jammu and Kashmir,” a senior government official said. Funds were provided to the leadership of Kashmir-based terrorist groups for misguiding, motivating and recruiting local youths to militant ranks. Operational activities of terror groups, including attacks on security forces, camps and convoys, are also being financed, the official said, adding money obtained through these channels are being used by major secessionist formations, especially the Hurriyat Conference. Also Read – Tourists to be allowed in J&K from Thursday These funds are used for maintaining Hurriyat’s top leadership and a massive propaganda machinery to arouse disaffection among the people of Jammu and Kashmir against the Centre. It is also being utilised to spread false information through media contacts, newspapers and social media, the official claimed. The official said these are in turn used to instigate and lure misguided youths to resort to anti-India activities, violent street protests and stone pelting on security forces at encounter sites. Extensive use of such funds is being made to finance institutions such as select mosques, madrasas and organisations like recently banned Jamat-e-Islami(JeI)(J-K), for focusing on subverting locals, another official said. In the first strike, action was initiated to attach a plush bungalow of Zahoor Ahmad Shah Watali in Gurgaon, the official said. He is, at present, lodged in Delhi’s Tihar jail. Watali is allegedly a major conduit for funnelling terror finances into India, the official said. Documents seized by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) indicate that he was receiving money from Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) founder Hafiz Saeed, Salahuddin, the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) and the Pakistan High Commission here, the official claimed. Watali is known to have important sources of Hawala financing operating out of Dubai. Besides him, another 10 leaders were brought into the multi-agency action on terror funding. The ED has zeroed in on proceeds of such crime and begun action to freeze and seize such assets. The ongoing investigation in the first phase has determined and quantified assets valued at over Rs7 crore as proceeds of terror funding crimes, the official said. The 13 identified individuals include Mohd Yusuf Shah alias Syed Salahuddin, who through Hizbul, has been actively involved in creating unrest in Kashmir and other parts of India, according to a document prepared by security agencies. Being a resident of Jammu and Kashmir, Salahuddin has a wide network of local sympathisers, who act on his instructions and collect funds sent by him to fuel secessionist activities, it said. Hafiz Saeed, self-styled chief of Pakistan-based Jamaat-ul- Dawaa, and other separatist leaders of the state, including members and Hurriyat cadre, have been raising, receiving and collecting funds domestically and from abroad through various illegal channels like Hawala, for funding separatist and terrorist activities in J-K. The document said Aftab Ahmad Shah alias Fantoosh, a Tehreek-e-Hurriyat (TeH) founder member, was spokesperson and legal advisor to the Hurriyat (Mirwaiz faction). During a search at his residence in Srinagar, NIA seized various incriminating documents and during interrogation, Shah confessed that his charter of duties included monitoring incidents, issuing statements, arranging meetings and conferences. Shah, son-in-law of TeH separatist leader Syed Geelani, was closely associated with JeI (J-K). The 13 individuals also include Mohammed Nayeem Khan, Farooq Ahmad Dar, Akbar Khanday, Mehrajuddin Kalwal, Bashir Ahmad Bhat, Saifullah and Nawal Kishore Kapoor Khan, self-styled chairman of National Front, an organisation affiliated to Hurriyat, was part of the Muslim Jaanbaaz Force and earlier involved in various militant activities, the document said. Dar was JKLF-R chairman and is a terrorist involved in criminal and anti-national activities since 1990. He received arms training in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) in 1989-90.Khanday is a JeI(J-K) member and trusted lieutenant of Geelani. He knew of anti-India protests in the Valley. Kalwal, a former militant trained in PoK, is a key fund raiser for stone pelters.He collects funds on behalf of Hurriyat and spearheads protests, the document said. Bhat, a former Hizbul militant, went to PoK for arms training and was involved militancy cases.He is a trusted aide of Geelani and was aware of systems of fund collection and distribution by the Hurriyat leader to operatives, who indulged in anti-India activities. He has visited the Pakistan High Commission here with Geelani several times, it said. Kapoor, Watali’s close associate, remitted Rs 5.6 crore to Watali for which he has not been able to produce any document.last_img read more